Allen F Sobol
Age 75, peacefully joined his parents, Wally and Frances Sobol on Easter Sunday, April 4, 2021 . His loving companion of 34 years, Patricia Garrity Parra was by his side in their home in Kennedy Twp they had designed and renovated together.
Allen was a graduate of McKees Rocks High where he excelled in football and baseball earning a scholarship to Grove City College. After a short stint in local steel industry, he chose to attend Point Park College earning a degree in accounting. He entered into public accounting as a CPA with several firms including Gulf and Deloitte & Touche. In 1980 he founded a company with fellow CPA, Charles Bosco, later adding partner, Ronald Mock. Eventually the partnership evolved into Sobol Veltum with a new partner, Harry Veltum also from McKees Rocks. In January 2018 Allen merged with H2R CPA in Greentree following his partner's death earlier.
Allen has four beloved children: Daryl (Arianne), Traci Zassick, twins Nichole Tomszak and Nicholas (Christin Jamery). He sorrowfully leaves his three grandchildren he adored: Taylor Tomszak, Chane Zassick and Brooklyn Tomszak, He also leaves behind his loving sisters: Nancy (Jim) Galicic and Barbara (Daryl) Drozd and many nieces, nephews and their children and a brother-in-law, Richard (Jayne) Augustine, and a niece and a nephew and their daughters. A special friend was found in Jolie Parra (Aaron) Spaulding "inherited daughter" from Pat Parra.
In addition, Allen instructed Pat that his long time client/friends be acknowledged.
- Terence M and Kim Pegula were personal friends as he was their lifelong professional advisor concerning their interests in East Resources Inc and the Buffalo Bills and Sabres. Allen served as a Board member on East Resources acquisition (ERES). He enjoyed his work with the many employees and staff, especially Laura Pegula, Bill Fustos, Bob Long and spouses.
Others important in his stellar career include:
- James Fusco and Art Swotzer (Crossgates) with whom Allen started in public accounting in Pittsburgh area.
- Frank Kozel (Texas Keystone) who helped Allen by underwriting his first company and his sons David, Rob and Todd Kozel
- Dick Blackwood and Irene Ridenour, Blackhawk Golf Course who encouraged his golfing and love of fine wine and travel together with Pat in Europe, the Caribbean and across the USA. Both also served on the Board of former Reeves bank in Beaver County now FNB.
- Bob (Bonnie) Bevington Beaver County restaurateur and FL realtor who was like a son to him as
they shared their love of horses and horseplay at their shared stable in South Beaver alongside Pat and Bob's wife, Bonnie on many a trail ride and dinners with friends.I
- Rich (Joann) Andrus another of his gourmand colleagues (Willard Lewis) and mischief maker.
- The McMahon Family: Jake, Billy and Maureen of Harley fame in Beaver County with roots in McKees Rocks.
Last, but not least, are two young men he mentored then encouraged to move forward in their careers: -Gary (Lauren) Hagerman and Phil (Angela) Zlokas. He was so proud of what they have achieved thus far at East Resources and H2R respectively.
He will be sadly missed by All for his business acumen, his humor, his loyalty to friends his love of his extended family and his commitment and devotion to his long time domestic partner and eternal love, Patricia Parra.There will be no viewing per Allen's direction. A private Celebration of Life will be held by invitation as Covid restrictions allow. Arrangements by McDermott Funeral Home Kennedy. Ave atque vale. Memory and love eternal!